Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ArtPrize Screening Session, GR Film Fest Update

I just got back from screening my film for the folks at ArtPrize!!  Just about everyone on the ArtPrize team was there...pretty neat.  Since the beginning of the production I've been thinking of how cool it would be to actually show 'them' my film...and now I've done it!

Phew!

Despite some freak tech glitches (we had to try three times to get the film to start), I think it went really well. Everyone had great feedback...and a bit of surprise that this was a sub-thousand dollar budget film.  Also, I made some very nice connections...so we may be getting a bit more press on this!

Thanks to all the folks at ArtPrize for sitting through my film, I hope you enjoyed it.

In other news, we have a date/time for screening at the Grand Rapids Film Festival!  The ArtPrize Experience will be screened on August 10th, at 4PM in Theater 1.  The 'better' time to go see it, though, will be August 12th, at 6PM in theater 2.  If everyone could try to come for the 6PM screening on the 12th, I would be so so so so happy!  Here's a link to the festival schedule page, and a link to a map of the WMU downtown location.

Schedule

Map

This will be a fast moving two weeks ahead of us!  There's an article in the GR Press that I may be in (whoohoo!), so keep an eye out for that.

Again, I hope that everyone around GR that's been following this film will be able to come to see this film.  There will be a Q&A after each film...so bring your questions!  (I don't want to be sitting up there in complete silence!)

Lastly, I will be putting out a trailer of the film this week, so be sure to check back for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam, that's GREAT!!!!!! Hope to hear more feedback on how it went.Can't wait to see the trailer.

    ReplyDelete