Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

ArtPrize Winner Announcement Photos!

Here are more photos up from Thursday's ArtPrize winner announcement, along with a running commentary.  Enjoy!

We got down to GR about 2.5 hours before the event started, and there was already a line starting.  Luckily for me, I was able to bypass the line since I had gotten my name onto the press list (thanks Tyler).  Since I was on the list, I received one of these cool media badges...

(Excuse the webcam photo)
After I got the badge, I was able to go in and set up my camera....which was dwarfed by those of the news crews.  After that, they had a media blackout, and I went out to get a Taco, then back to DeVos Place where they were holding interviews.  I didn't interview anyone myself, but I did get some pictures.

Dick and Betsy DeVos being interviewed by Tim Doty.
After the interviews, they ushered in the VIP's. 
After a few minutes of talking to artists, they told everyone that the general public was going to take their seats.  Everyone flooded into the ballroom.  I quickly escaped onto the media riser.



After a while the ArtPrize volunteers and the general public filed in, and the place was packed.


At 7:00 the event started.  Here're some photos of the speakers.



This was one of the opening acts.  The guy in the white was 'floating' around...I guess it was alright. 



After they had announced all of the juried prizes, Chris LaPorte was announced winner of ArtPrize 2010.
The next few photos are from the press conference after the announcement.  Again, the press badge was very useful.






Chris with his girlfriend MJ.
ArtPrize 2010 runner-up, Mia Tavonatti, talking with Rick DeVos.



Mia with Svelata.
That whole night (except for the Lady Gaga video at the end) was a blast.  I was so happy for Chris and Mia, they both reached great achievements.  (If you want to see my interview with Mia from the Top 10 announcement, click here).

Tomorrow will be the last day of ArtPrize.  I'll be sad to see it go, but there's still filming to do!  There are a few more interviews to do, as well as filming artists taking back their pieces.

I'll try to get Chris LaPorte's interview up this afternoon, so be sure to check in!

No comments:

Post a Comment